Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I Did It My Way

I went to Burger King today. I go every Tuesday. This week it was an XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger.

Smooth Operator. That's what Sade sang while I ate. They even had a video. I didn't watch it. Instead I flicked through the ketchup stained pages of a Metro left on the table.

It was early and there were only three other people in the whole place. After the metro I just started mindsurfing. Then a story came into my head and I chuckled. The chubby girl with the Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich paused her muching to stare in my direction. Then she went back to her sandwich. Her handbag looked like crocodile skin, but I knew it was plastic.

I had remembered a pub story about the Jobcentre. They were doing interviews with lots of people. Depending on the person and circumstances they had different coloured forms, pink, yellow, white. One day when a white form person came in they were out of forms. So the interviewer used a pink form. Later the interviewer had to be rescued from a very angry black man attacking him with the chair. He had written "treat as white" across the top of the form.

I think they've changed things now. The chairs are screwed down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home