Saturday, August 13, 2005

Tidy Mind

In the kitchen drawer there are plastic toys. Cornflake gifts.

I take them out and gaze throught the crinkled plastic. Cartoons made whole. They litter the work surface.

Carefully, I sort them. Three of them are the same. What use is that? I pick the best of the three and discard the others to the side. How best to arrange them? Themes? Movies? Colours? I opt for land, sea and air. I'm saddened to find none which can fly.

Stressing now, about the empty set, I struggle for a better arrangement. Breathing deeply I decide not to tackle the problem now. Returning them to the drawer I swirl them with my fingers. Breaking the order.

The discarded two? Duplicates, or is that triplicates? If I only knew people who wanted a small orange plastic fish.

I decide they must go in a different drawer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home